Trending Topics for Compliance: December 2020
Curious to know what our Compliance Department is hearing? Read our top trending items for the month.
1. Reminder: Matrix Brokers need to check/update Office Compliance Email fields
We’ve listened to your feedback! Brokers can now set a default email address for their offices to receive their current CRMLS Compliance-related emails.
What does this mean?
- Any Compliance emails that would ordinarily go to a broker, office manager and/or office assistant (e.g. agent citations, etc.) can now go directly to a single email address of the broker’s choice, called the Office Compliance Email.
- The Office Compliance Email is the single defined email address for broker-level compliance emails sent to an office. Please note, agents will still receive notices separately to their roster email addresses.
- Please note: If brokers do not update this field, the Compliance emails will be sent as follows: Office Manager email (if there is an office manager linked to the office). If there is no Office Manager linked to the office, the Designated Broker (DB) will receive the Compliance Emails.
What do brokers have to do?
- Take action. As of now, the Office Compliance Email field has been populated with either an office manager or broker’s email address.
- We strongly recommend brokers login to verify that the populated email is the one they want as the “dedicated” compliance email address. To do so, follow the steps below:
1. Click on “Change Contact Information” under Modify Office in the Add/Edit tab
2. Enter the email address of the broker’s choosing in the Office Compliance Email field.
3. Click “Submit Office”
As a reminder, brokers are still responsible for keeping up to date on communications from the CRMLS Compliance department.
2. Designated Broker Suspension Guidelines
The Office Manager (if one is appointed) or the Listing Broker will be sent a copy of all compliance-related communication. Failure to oversee your agents and ensure they correct violations within a timely manner may result in the issuance of a citation to the contact located in the Office Compliance Email field (referenced above). Please review the Designated Broker Suspension Guidelines for more details.
3. Listings in the Coming Soon status are live and viewable by ALL CRMLS users
Coming Soon listings are shared on IDX and VOW feeds
Coming Soon listings are live, which means changes you make to the list price, status, and compensation will show under their history sections. Coming Soon listings are also available on IDX and VOW feeds, but not via listing distribution. Click here to learn more about IDX & Listing Distribution. If any information was entered inaccurately in a Coming Soon listing, contact your local Association or Board for further assistance.
Learn more about the Coming Soon status:
Clear Cooperation Policy Resources to Remember
- CRMLS Compliance Homepage
- Coming Soon Form
- CRMLS Compliance Knowledgebase
- The Clear Cooperation Policy