Curious to know what our Compliance Department is hearing? Read our top trending items for the month.
1. How to Include or Exclude a Listing From the Internet
By default, CRMLS distributes listings you input into your MLS system to a selection of internet websites. These include the websites of other CRMLS brokers and agents as well as broader presence sites like Realtor.com.
If your seller directs you to display their property listing only in the CRMLS system so that no other websites display the seller’s property, the seller needs to provide written authorization. Review our step-by-step guide to learn more.
1. Office Compliance Email Field
CRMLS Matrix Brokers can now set a default email address for their offices to receive their current CRMLS Compliance-related emails
What does this mean?
- Any Compliance emails that would ordinarily go to a broker, office manager and/or office assistant (e.g. agent citations, etc.) can now go directly to a single email address of the broker’s choice, called the Office Compliance Email.
- The Office Compliance Email is the single defined email address for broker-level compliance emails sent to an office. Please note, agents will still receive notices separately to their roster email addresses.
- Please note: If brokers do not update this field, the Compliance emails will be sent as follows: Office Manager email (if there is an office manager linked to the office). If there is no Office Manager linked to the office, the Designated Broker (DB) will receive the Compliance Emails.
What do brokers have to do?
- We strongly recommend brokers login to verify that the populated email is the one they want as the “dedicated” compliance email address. To do so, follow the steps below:
1. Click on “Change Contact Information” under Modify Office in the Add/Edit tab
2. Enter the email address of the broker’s choosing in the Office Compliance Email field.
3. Click “Submit Office”
As a reminder, brokers are still responsible for keeping up to date on communications from the CRMLS Compliance department.
For your convenience, these steps are also available as a how-to guide.
2. Consequences of farming off-market listings
Be mindful when calling homeowners of an expired, cancelled or withdrawn listing as it could be reported as a violation of CRMLS Rules or Code of Ethics! Per Rule 12.11, MLS information cannot be used for purposes other than to market property to bona fide prospective buyers or to support market evaluations or appraisals as specifically allowed by Sections 12.14, 12.15, and 12.16.
We encourage you to read our Consequences of Farming Off-Market Listings.
3. Updates to CRMLS Rules & Policy
Changes to citation review process and more
Effective January 2, 2021, the CRMLS Rules and Regulations and CRMLS Citation Policy have been updated and published on the Compliance page of the CRMLS website.Please familiarize yourself with the new rules as soon as possible.
We encourage you to read a two-page summary of the rule changes, located here: https://go.crmls.org/crmls-rules-policy-change-summary
A brief summary of three of the most impactful changes follows.
- The citation review procedure is being revised to the extent that an administrative/written review will become the default process.
- For any MLS Rule violation that would result in a fourth citation in any calendar year, the Subscriber and the Participant’s Office Manager or Designated Broker shall appear before a Professional Standards hearing panel. (Read the document located at the link above for a full explanation.)
- The Service must, upon request, promptly provide a Participant (or the Participant’s designee) a data feed containing, at minimum, all active MLS listing content input into the MLS by or on behalf of the Participant and all of the Participant’s off-market listing content available in the MLS system.
Additional resources are available here:
4. Compliance training is available for your office
Submit your request for compliance training at your office. Make sure to select “Compliance” as your topic and our team will get in touch with you to schedule!
General sessions are also available:
- Matrix 4/20/2021 – 10am Register here
- Flex 4/21/2021 – 1pm Register here
- Paragon 4/22/2021 – 1pm Register here
Clear Cooperation Policy Resources to Remember
- CRMLS Compliance Homepage
- Coming Soon Form
- CRMLS Compliance Knowledgebase
- The Clear Cooperation Policy