Welcome to the February 2021 Broker Report. This information is available for you to share with your agents and office staff. Resources for you and your agents on any modifications to how you do business are available on our webpage: CRMLS COVID-19 Resources.
Register now for our broker/manager update webinar on Friday, 2/26!
Major changes to how you do business are on the way. As your MLS and trusted partner, we want to help keep you as informed and up to date as possible on anything that will impact you.
We encourage you to register early, as space is limited.
[Register Now] Friday, 2/26 @ 1:30 PM
CRMLS implemented a transparency rule change on 2/15
Selling office compensation amounts may appear on all agent and broker websites
On November 19, 2020, the National Association of REALTORS® (NAR) and the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) announced that they are in the process of coming to an agreement that will affect how you use CRMLS products and services.
The DOJ has made it clear that all MLSs in California will need to require their systems to give the option to display selling office compensation on all agent and broker websites.
As of Monday, February 15, CRMLS gave users the option to display selling office compensation amounts on all agent and broker websites.
CRMLS plans to fully comply with the terms of this government-mandated agreement, once finalized.
Buyer Agency Compensation fields have been removed
Buyer Agency Compensation fields have been removed from search and will be removed from saved searches per NAR/DOJ mandates. The rule changes re-affirm that MLSs and brokerages, as always, must provide consumers all properties that fit their criteria regardless of compensation offered or the name of the listing brokerage.
Agent & broker displays will still show the compensation fields. Searching is no longer available; however, a broker should still see it under “My Office/Firm Listings” regardless of status. All the regular AGENT displays will have the value on them.
Please continue to read communications from CRMLS, NAR, and your local Association or Board on these changes, and let us know if you have any feedback or questions.
Fair Housing Resources
Zillow’s 2021 transition to IDX
- Your CRMLS listing distribution options with Zillow changed on January 12. Please review our blog post regarding how Zillow’s transition to IDX affects you.
- View our FAQ to learn about IDX and how it’s available for you and your website as a CRMLS benefit.
- Zillow Listing Distribution FAQs– Questions about how the Zillow transition affects your business? We have answers.
How to Include or Exclude a Listing From the Internet
By default, CRMLS distributes listings you input into your MLS system to a selection of internet websites. These include the websites of other CRMLS brokers and agents as well as broader presence sites like Realtor.com.
If your seller directs you to display their property listing only in the CRMLS system so that no other websites display the seller’s property, written authorization from the seller is needed.
Join us on 3/5 to learn about Glide for Brokers and claim your account at no additional cost. Save time, increase compliance, and impress your clients with a modern experience with Glide.
Glide combines forms, eSignatures, collaboration, and compliance into a single user-friendly platform for Brokers. CRMLS brokers are invited to attend a webinar on 3/5 at 11 AM to learn more – click here to register.
- Trending Topics for Compliance: February 2021
- Avoid costly citation notices! Schedule Compliance Training for your office
Enhancements & Product Corner
- Introducing the newest enhancement in the CRS Data Tax Suite: School Zones.
- Paragon 5.81 launches on 2/24. Click here to review the enhancements.
- Here is a guide to issues that have been recently resolved and are currently in progress:
- RESOLVED – Active to pending – Buyer’s Agent is available/visible
- IN PROGRESS –For comps with pictures, some pictures are not appearing clearly. While we work on a full resolution, we recommend you print to HTML format as a workaround.
- IN PROGRESS –Ensure Coming Soon to Active shows as New
- IN PROGRESS –Addition of a Change Type for Coming Soon so that it can have its own category on Hotsheets and MarketWatch
- IN PROGRESS – Limiting Public Remarks, Private Remarks, and Syndication Remarks
- IN PROGRESS –Cleanup of City List
- IN PROGRESS – Correction of “CRMLS Fill Agent” appearing on the List Agent ID or Buyer Agent ID on listings reports/displays.
Visit your dedicated Paragon Upgrade Resources Center for information.