10 Things Agents Need to Know About the RentSpree Rental Application Platform
Dealing with rental applications is often a source of undue stress for real estate professionals. Once a potential applicant passes a screening and is ready to apply, landlords and agents have historically had to hand out paper applications, wait for applicants to complete them, and embroil themselves in a time-consuming back-and-forth of chasing down information, scanning documents, and handling sensitive personal data before it makes its way to the handful of agencies that need to see it.
For busy agents, the time expenditure alone can make working with renters a chore not worth the commission check. If only there were a way to make sure rental applications are complete, accurate, and trustworthy…
There is. And it’s called RentSpree.
What is RentSpree?
RentSpree, a CRMLS Marketplace product, is a centralized platform for gathering rental applications. Input email addresses or send a customized link to applicants. Wait a few minutes for them to input their information. Then receive a comprehensive report including credit report and score, eviction history, and a criminal background check: no paperwork, no scanning or faxing, no worries about handling personal information and exposing yourself to liability.
Best of all, RentSpree is FREE for agents – applicants simply pay a $30 fee.
Here are the 10 things every CRMLS agent should know about RentSpree:
How do agents benefit from RentSpree?
- Save agent time: With RentSpree, agents no longer have to print, scan, copy, or fax rental applications – nor do they have to review applications for every little detail or track down applicants who accidentally skipped a line in their application.
- Get the whole picture: Since the application platform is digital instead of pen-and-paper, the applicant’s information is sure to be complete the first time. RentSpree also helps prevent fraud: applicants must verify their identity via their SSN, and unlike easily falsifiable paper reports, the information agents and landlords get is transmitted directly from secured sources.
- Limit liability: Agents and landlords never see the applicant’s SSN, avoiding potential conflicts and accidental mishandling of information.
How do agents’ clients benefit from RentSpree?
- Save client time: Potential renters only need to fill out one application, which is good for 30 days. No more stacks of paperwork, entering the same information in over and over – just complete the RentSpree application, and your client is good to go.
- Save money: With only one application comes only one application fee. At just $30, the fee is well under the California limit for rental applications.
- Avoid a “hard” credit check: The credit report and score, provided by TransUnion, is a “soft” check and will not negatively impact the renter’s credit.
What else should agents know?
- About half of all applicants on RentSpree complete their applications on mobile devices. The website is fully mobile-responsive for renters and agents – any modern device can be used to initiate screenings, submit applications, and view completed applications. Stay tuned to the RentSpree blog for news about upcoming mobile-friendly developments for agents.
- Many listing agents use RentSpree’s “generate link” feature to post an application link in the MLS under “Private Remarks.” Communicate to renter agents your preferred way to gather applications for the property right from the get-go.
- Looking for new features? RentSpree recently added the capability to generate custom flyers with an application link and QR code. Hand out flyers to potential applicants, who can scan the code or visit the link to apply.
- RentSpree gives agents peace of mind by maintaining compliance with California rental application law. Renters receive an itemized receipt, and, since renters receive reports regardless of whether their application is accepted, there’s no need to issue refunds to applicants who you don’t run credit on. In other words: no more drawing up receipts and tracking down cash and applicants for refunds.
Make rental applications painless with RentSpree – FREE for all CRMLS users. Start collecting applications today at RentSpree.com.