Welcome to the March 2021 Broker Report. This information is available for you to share with your agents and office staff. Resources for you and your agents on any modifications to how you do business are available on our webpage: CRMLS COVID-19 Resources.
New Consumer Protection rules are coming in 2021. Click here for more information.
CRMLS and Glide CEOs Discuss Why Glide Offers is a “Game-Changer”
Register for our Glide Offers Brokers & Managers webinar on April 2
Join us for this Glide and CRMLS hosted webinar of Glide’s new offer management and MLS integration features through the Broker’s lens. These new features enable you to create, manage, track, negotiate, and sign offers. Once an offer is signed, Glide will even create a calendar of key dates and sync it with your calendar. Discover this simple and smooth offers experience for you and your clients by signing up today.
Click here to register for our webinar today.
- Register for a Glide webinar:
- Glide: How to Create an Account
- Learn more about Glide for Brokerages by viewing our recording. If you are interested in learning more about claiming your FREE Glide for Brokerages Account, please fill out the following form.
- Visit the Glide Help Center for Glide support information.
MLS showing services: an update from CRMLS
CRMLS responds proactively to industry events
You may have heard recently that Zillow is in the process of acquiring ShowingTime, a core product vendor for CRMLS. We’d like to take this opportunity to assure you that we at CRMLS are aware of how this event is affecting our real estate professional users. We are working proactively to make sure that users like you continue to have access to best-in-class MLS technology tools to help run your business.
First, let’s go over our status with ShowingTime
We are currently in a contract with ShowingTime to provide its product to CRMLS users. As with all our contracts, both CRMLS and the other party are legally bound to certain terms. While ShowingTime continues to meet these terms – which it has repeatedly, in writing, assured CRMLS and other MLSs that it will – we will continue to honor the contract.
Here is an excerpt from an FAQ ShowingTime published on its recent acquisition:
“Our clients and industry partners are integral to our business. You and your members should know that the data that you enter into ShowingTime is secure. MLS contracts remain in force, protecting your data and what uses can be made of it and Zillow has stated that they will maintain ShowingTime’s existing data privacy policies.”
In summary: ShowingTime must follow existing data privacy policies. This includes not sharing any MLS information with any stockholder of the company, including Zillow. In the existing contract CRMLS has with ShowingTime, the vendor has affirmed that they are not sharing or providing any data to Zillow, or any third party. Change of ownership will not change the obligation ShowingTime has to protect both the MLS and user entered data. Should ShowingTime break the agreed-upon terms, CRMLS would have the right to terminate the data feed going to ShowingTime as well as recourse to pursue legal action
We are working to provide our users with more product choice
The CRMLS Board of Directors wants you to know that we’re actively monitoring this situation. This includes working to provide our users with product choices in all arenas, including showing services. We are in communication with vendors on both short term and long-term solutions to address the need to track showings in the MLS. We’re working every day to support you.
ShowingTime: Disable ShowingTime on a listing
If you’d like to join one of our focus groups to provide feedback on products and showing services we are currently reviewing, please contact Sarah Trent Miranda at firstname.lastname@example.org
Fair Housing Resources
CRMLS supports fair housing for all. Find resources to help you understand fair housing laws and best practices.
What Happens to MLS Photos After Your Listing Closes?
Review our step-by-step guide to learn more.
Are you interested in being on the cutting edge of real estate technology?
Have your brokerage’s technical lead reach out to us for CRMLS-exclusive tech updates. Email us at email@example.com to learn more.
- Trending Topics for Compliance: March 2021
- Schedule Compliance Training for your office
- Join one of our April Compliance webinars:
- Schedule Glide training for your brokerage today!
- View our quick tips on how to use the syndication remarks field in your system to increase exposure on public internet portals.
Enhancements & Product Corner
- More than 55% of CRMLS listings may be eligible for one or more down payment assistance programs. We will integrate Down Payment Resource into our MLS systems soon. Stay tuned for more info!
- “Submit offer using Glide” feature now available inside Flex. Glide Offers is now available via submit offer button & your MLS dashboard. This offer management system allows you to create, manage, negotiate, and close an offer– all in one place. Share the webinar registration link with your agents.
- Share our April Compliance webinar registration link with your agents for Flexmls | April 21 at 1pm
- The “Submit Offer using Glide” button launches in CRMLS Matrix Tuesday, April 6! Learn more about Glide for Brokerages by viewing our webinar recording. If you are interested in learning more about claiming your FREE Glide for Brokerages Account, please fill out the following form. Share the webinar registration link with your agents.
- Matrix Enhancements go live on 4/13. View our QRG to learn more.
- CRMLS Matrix Brokers can set a default email address for their offices to receive CRMLS Compliance related fields. We encourage all brokers and managers to review the Office Compliance Email field by following our how-to guide.
- Share our April Compliance webinar registration link with your agents for Matrix | April 20 at 10am.
- “Submit offer using Glide” feature available inside Paragon. Glide Offers is now available via button & dashboard. This offer management system that allows you to create, manage, negotiate, and close an offer – all in one place. Share the webinar registration link with your agents.
- How to Advertise Listings in Printed Neighborhood Market Report
- Learn how to choose to include your listing in the Paragon Neighborhood Market Report
- Paragon Enhancements arrive on April 7. Check out what we have in store for you!
- Share our April Compliance webinar registration link with your agents for Paragon | April 22 at 1pm
- Here is a guide to issues that have been recently resolved and are currently in progress:
- IN PROGRESS – For comps with pictures, some pictures are not appearing clearly. While we work on a full resolution, we recommend you print to HTML format as a workaround.
- IN PROGRESS – We’re working to ensure Coming Soon to Active shows as New (with vendor)
- IN PROGRESS – Addition of a Change Type for Coming Soon so that it can have its own category on Hotsheets and MarketWatch (with vendor)
- IN PROGRESS – Limiting Public Remarks, Private Remarks, and Syndication Remarks to 1,500 characters UPDATE: character count will be increased to 2,500 (with vendor)
- IN PROGRESS – Cleanup of City List (being finalized)
- IN PROGRESS – We’re correcting “CRMLS Fill Agent” appearing on the List Agent ID or Buyer Agent ID on listings reports/displays. UPDATE: Incoming listings were resolved in December 2020; older historical listings in SD County were resolved in early March. The final cleanup of older and invalid listings is in progress.
Visit your dedicated Paragon Upgrade Resources Center for information.
This Post Has One Comment
Your article is excellent and informative.