Curious to know what our Compliance Department is hearing? Read our top trending items for the month.
1. MLS Modification of Information – Rule 14.5
CRMLS may modify listing information at any time if deemed inaccurate. Please be advised that this includes modifications to the On Market Date if there is evidence that public marketing occurred prior to the listing’s entry date. For more information on the CRMLS Rules & Policy changes, click here.
2. Mandatory Delivery of Listing Agreement – Rule 7.8
As a reminder, all listings must be entered in the MLS within 2 business days of the effective list date. The effective date is either the beginning date, or, the last date in which all necessary signatures have been obtained, whichever is later. If the seller wishes to exclude their property from the MLS, CRMLS must still be notified by doing the following.
Matrix users must enter a listing as Registered within the same 2 business day timeframe. Click here to access the Registered FAQs.
Paragon, Flexmls, and Rapattoni users must submit a seller-signed exclusion form compliant with Rule 7.9.1 to CRMLS within 2 business days of the effective list date. Click on your platform below to access your platform-specific exclude listing homepage.
3. How to Include or Exclude a Listing From the Internet
By default, CRMLS distributes listings you input into your MLS system to a selection of internet websites. These include the websites of other CRMLS brokers and agents as well as broader presence sites like Realtor.com.
If your seller directs you to display their property listing only in the CRMLS system so that no other websites display the seller’s property, you need written authorization from the seller.
- Review our step-by-step guide to learn more.
- We encourage you to read the Consequences of Farming Off-Market Listings.
4. Compliance training is coming!
Join us as we review CRMLS’s Top Violations Overview. During these presentations, we will dissect the most common violations and provide you with tips on how to avoid them and the fines associated. Other topics include:
- Where the CRMLS Rules & Regulations and fines originate
- The CRMLS Citation Policy
- CRMLS Citation Review Process
Click on your designated platform, below, to reserve your spot now!
- Matrix – July 27, 2021, 10-11am PST
- Rapattoni – July 27, 2021, 1-2pm PST
- Flexmls – July 28, 2021, 1-2pm PST
- Paragon – July 29, 2021, 1-2pm PST
Resources to Remember
- CRMLS Compliance Homepage
- Coming Soon Form
- CRMLS Compliance Knowledgebase
- The Clear Cooperation Policy